Work Integrated Learning (WIL) connects the classroom to the workplace and provides you with a valuable opportunity to gain experiences and insights into the Australian workplace.
As an international student studying at an Australian education provider, you are uniquely positioned both in what you bring to the WIL experience and what you take away from it. In this module, we will examine the types of experience that WIL provides. We will look at the benefits that participating in a WIL activity provides for international students such as you. In order to properly prepare you for a WIL experience in Australia, we will also talk about what you can expect and what will be expected of you throughout your WIL experience.
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Describe WIL and its purpose in Australia
- Differentiate between the three types of WIL
- Discuss the ways in which a WIL experience can be structured
- Identify the benefits of participating in a WIL experience
- Identify the stakeholders involved in a WIL experience
- List the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder involved in WIL
Preparing for your WIL Activity: What is WIL?
Page 1 of 8