Just as there are different types of WIL activities, there are also different ways that a WIL activity can be structured. WIL activities are generally part of your program or subject of study and are formally assessed.
Depending on what you are studying, your WIL experience can be:
- Paid or unpaid
- On-campus, off-campus or online
- Based in Australia or overseas
- A short- or long-term activity
- A one-off activity or regular activities throughout your program
- Inter-disciplinary with students who are studying other subjects and potentially from other universities
- In multicultural teams with a mix of local and other international students
Let’s check back in with some WIL students as they discuss the structure of the WIL activities they have undertaken.
Preparing for your WIL Activity: What is WIL?
Page 4 of 8