Here are some tips to re-energise, rejuvenate & relax during your WIL activity:
Adopt a relaxing bedtime ritual and a full night’s sleep
- Avoid phone & computer screens 40 minutes before sleeping.
Connect with Friends & Family to have a chat, laugh or gain new perspective
- It may also be nice to catch up with those back home if you are feeling home sick.
Be present wherever, learn to stay focused in the moment
- Use a mindfulness or mediation app during your commute to university, work or WIL.
Eat food that gives you energy for your day
- Too many sugary snacks may provide short bursts of energy, but leave you feeling drained overall.
Get moving – try to fit in some exercise & stretching
- Get off the bus/train a few stops earlier for a longer walk to your destination.
- Visit your uni gym to see if you can receive a discounted membership.
Understanding Australian Workplace Cultures: Thriving in the Australian workplace
Page 8 of 13