Embarking on a Work Integrated Learning activity while studying in Australia presents many exciting opportunities.
You will be able to advance your academic knowledge and enhance your transferable skills in a practical setting, develop your professional identity, and gain valuable insights into an Australian workplace. This topic sets out to describe some of the general features of Australian Workplace Culture so you are not only able to adapt to, but thrive in your WIL environment.
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Explain the factors that impact workplace culture
- Describe the role and impact of multiculturalism and diversity in the workplace
- Describe the types of interactions common to Australian workplaces
- Compare the workplace culture in Australia to that of other countries
- Discuss models of organisational culture
Through working towards these outcomes you should further develop your capacities as a global citizen.
Understanding Australian Workplace Cultures: Understanding workplace cultures
Page 1 of 12