As you are not sharing a physical workspace with your supervisor and co-workers, it is important to still stay connected.
When you begin your WIL activity, check your supervisor’s expectations for working remotely. This will help you understand what is needed to succeed with your WIL experience.
Here are some questions that you might want to ask your workplace supervisor:
- What are my expected working hours?
- What goals and outcomes should I be working towards?
Work space and equipment
- What do I need to work from home effectively?
- Will I need the following: a laptop, a printer, and online access to resources?
- What else will help me be successful?
- Do you prefer video meetings, phone calls or chat?
- How would you like me to update you on my work?
Undertaking WIL in an Online Environment
Page 7 of 19