Here are some tips for how to manage a balance between the two and help ensure your wellbeing:
- Set working hours for focusing on your WIL activity.
- Try to avoid doing personal tasks while working.
- Have a set lunch break.
- Include short exercise breaks in your routine.
- Turn off email notifications outside of your set working hours.
- Make time for social interactions and staying connected.
- Don’t let yourself get isolated – take advantage of support tools on hand.
- Don’t struggle on your own – there is lots of support available for you. Consider contacting the support services at your education provider.
It’s also important to set up your workspace ergonomically. Here are some tips.
Select each hotspot to learn more.
Do not sit too long. Try to get up and move around at least twice an hour.
Sit up straight with your shoulders straight, relaxed and symmetrical.
Adjust your chair so the backrest supports your lower back.
Your monitor should be about an arm’s length away from you with the top at or below eye level. Adjust your zoom and screen settings so you do not strain to see.
Your elbows should be close to your body and level with or just above your wrists.
Keep your feet flat on the floor with your knees level with or just above your hips.
Undertaking WIL in an Online Environment
Page 16 of 19